Under the Supervision of the Site Director in Owensboro, provides comprehensive, ethnic specific, case management and support services to refugees from various regions of the world as they adapt to life in the United States. Ensures services provided follows Reception and Placement standards.
2. Provide appropriate integration services, transporting them to their apartment, ensuring ethnic ready food is available until clients receive their EBT card; providing clients with an immediate orientation to their new environment and working closely with the clients on all their immediate needs.
3. Conduct intake and assessment with new clients; becoming familiar with the client’s backgrounds and interests.
4. Prepare service plan and Refugee Resettlement plan for all employable adults. Monitors the client’s progress based on the service plan through home visits and phone contacts.
5. Facilitates and coordinates agency and community resources for the refugee including but not limited to healthcare providers, job developers, employers, ESL providers, school contacts, childcare providers, public assistance workers.
6. Maintain files according to the agency and funding guidelines.
7. Responsible for keeping financial records for each client and maintaining in-kind donation forms of items provided to each client. Advocate and arrange for the allocation of program resources identified to provide direct assistance to clients. Assists clients in linking to other service providers.
8. Participate in weekly staff meeting with the Refugee Resettlement staff to ensure all services are provided to clients in a timely manner in order to reach the goal of self-sufficiency.
9. May be required to work beyond normal business hours to meet the needs of clients.
Preferred Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, or related field
Minimum Requirements: Associate’s degree. One year of experience in Social Services or related field.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license and reliable transportation. Requires some evening and weekend work hours. May drive clients.
The International Center of Kentucky is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
To apply, please fill out an application.